Albert Einstein Center for Fundamental Physics |
Institute for Theoretical Physics |
Gravity and String Theory Group]
Lecture Notes on General Relativity
This is the Webpage for my Lecture Notes on General
- This is a significantly expanded and revised version of the (ca 550 page) lecture notes that were
available until end of 2012.
- Changes with respect to that previous version are too numerous to mention. However, for
comparison purposes here is the Table of Contents of the previous set
- Upon request, these notes have been compiled with a low-key version of hyperref to facilitate
navigation inside this (by now somewhat voluminous) document (but I have not provided hyperlinks
to external documents).
Lecture notes of this length unavoidably contain some minor mistakes
somewhere (and I will try to correct them in the course of time).
However, I hope that these notes are free of major conceptual
errors and blunders. I am of course grateful for any corrections and suggestions, and in
particular for feedback
from the GR community (thank you!).
- I will occasionally make minor additions and (cosmetic) corrections to these notes, but no
major additions or updates are foreseen for the time being.
- Older versions of these notes appear to be available from various caches and (more or less dubious) sites
on the web. These of course I have no control over. The latest, updated and corrected, version of the
notes will always be available from here.
If you have any comments on these notes, complaints, corrections, or
constructive criticism, or also if you just happen to find them useful,
please let me know (blau at itp dot unibe dot ch). Thank you!