Albert Einstein Center for Fundamental Physics |
Institute for Theoretical Physics |
Gravity and String Theory Group]
Mini-Conference Series of the Swiss String Theory Community
(originally the Geneva
- Neuchâtel - Zürich informal String Seminars,
now the meeting of the string theory group inside SwissMAP)
Schedule of the next meeting (GeNeZiSS XXIII)
- The next
GeNeZiSS Meeting will take place in Bern on Friday April 27 2018.
- Confirmed Speakers:
- Iosif Bena (Saclay): Physics at the horizon - mind the cap!
- Matthias Gaberdiel (ETHZ): AdS3 at the string scale
- Nissan Itzhaki (Tel-Aviv University): The FZZ duality and the black hole horizon
- 11.00 -- 11.30: Coffee/Tea Welcome
- 11.30 -- 12.30: Bena
- 12.30 -- 14.00: Lunch Break
- 14.00 -- 15.00: Itzhaki
- 15.00 -- 15.30: Coffee/Tea Break
- 15.30 -- 16.30: Gaberdiel
- For the coffee break catering it is important to have a reasonably precise idea
a few days in advance
how many participants we can expect. Therefore, if you are planning to attend,
please let us know via the following
- thank you!
- Further Information:
- Venue: The meeting will take place in the
ExWi (Exact Sciences) Building of the University.
- Lectures: Room 119 on the 1st floor of the ExWi
- Coffee/Tea Welcome: Ground Floor Entrance Hall of the ExWi
- How to get there: The ExWi Building is (like the main buliding of the University) basically
just on top of the
Bern train station. The quickest way to get there from the train station is to
take the elevator going up directly from the train station to the University area
(at the platform 13 end of the underground corridor - just follow the signs to the University).
- Once you are at the top (Grosse Schanze / Einstein-Terrasse), turn around and you will face the
Main Building of the University. The ExWi building is the more modern (60s) building to the
right of the Main Building.
- Matthias Blau
- Susanne Reffert