Albert Einstein Center for Fundamental Physics |
Institute for Theoretical Physics |
Gravity and String Theory Group|
Group of Jean-Pierre Derendinger]
Postdoc Positions in Theoretical High Energy Physics
Updated Information (January 2017: this position has been filled - thank you for your interest)
The group led by Matthias Blau at the Albert Einstein Center for Fundemantal Physics (AEC), University of
Bern, Switzerland, invites applications for a postdoc position in string theory and quantum gravity,
or topological field theory and mathematical physics.
I expect to have one position
starting autumn 2017. This position will be funded by
the Albert Einstein Center for Fundamental Physics
and/or by the Swiss Excellence Cluster (National Centre of Competence in Research)
- String Theory and Quantum Gravity, in particular also Black Holes
- Topological Field Theory and Mathematical Physics
- General Relativity
- Other subjects related to my recent (or not so recent) research activitities
You should apply via the Swiss
Online Postdoc Application Site for Theoretical High Energy Physics.
Please follow the instructions there.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Application Deadline is December 1st
- Required documents are (as usual)
- CV and List of Publications (mandatory)
- a brief research plan (optional but recommended)
- Please also arrange for 2-3 letters of recommendation to be written on your behalf.
Referees will be asked to upload the letters following your application.
- Note that the search via the above website is conducted in collaboration with groups at the ETHZ in Zurich,
the AEI in Potsdam, and Trinity College Dublin, where similar positions are available.
Getting in Touch with us
- Postal Address:
- Institut für Theoretische Physik
- Universität Bern
- Sidlerstrasse 5
- CH-3012 Bern
- Telephone: +41 (0)31 631 86 26 (Matthias Blau)
- Secretary: +41 (0)31 631 86 31
- Fax: +41 (0)31 631 3821
- e-mail: "lastname at itp.unibe.ch"